WHY TO VISIT ANDORRA
This tiny country nestled in the Pyrenees is well known for its commercial opportunities due to the low taxes but it is also a place that has preserved its natural mountain resources of which a part was recently classified as a World Heritage site.
Its 468 sq. km. make a great short term destination, although some places are extremely interesting, almost to the point of being almost obligatory: The Grandvalira ski resort, the boutiques at Pas de la Case, the Church of San Joan de Caselles at Canillo, a visit to Andorra la Vella, the capital of the country and the VallNord ski resort.
Its natural heritage can be discovered through the eco-touristic circuits hosted by certified guides. Skiing enthusiasts will find fantastic ski runs to enjoy, generally in glorious sunshine.
WHAT TO SEE IN ANDORRA
Top destinations in Andorra are:
- Andorra La Vella
- Pas de la Casa
- La Massana
- El Serrat
- SAnt Julia de Loria
WHEN TO GO TO ANDORRA
Weather in Andorra
Best period to visit Andorra is from June to October.
Following a list of typical festival and celebrations of Andorra
HOW TO REACH AND TRAVEL THROUGH ANDORRA
Inside the country there is a very efficient bus service that serves the different valleys for a reasonable price.
by plane: in Andorra there are no airports. The nearest airport is Andorra–La Seu d'Urgell, in the spanish Catalunya, 12 Km from border.
by train: in Andorra there are no railways. The nearest train station is L'Hospitalet-près-l'Andorre in France, 2 Km from border.
GENERAL INFORMATION ON ANDORRA
country entry requirements: for not EU nationals, passport + visa
health tips & vaccination: none
local currency: European euro
local time zone: GMT+1 (+2)
electricity: type C and F (230 V - 50 Hz)
mobile phone operators:
WHAT TO DO IN ANDORRA
typical food in Andorra
- Coca: Fat cakes with a variety of toppings, especially roasted vegetables; also served as a dessert with sweet toppings;
- Trinxat: a kind of patty made from potato and cabbage;
- Truites de carreroles: a type of mushroom omelette;
- Formatges i Embotits: there are many locally produced cheeses and cold cuts;
- Vedella d'Andorra: Andorran veal;
- Cargols: snails, sometimes served with a sauce;
- Escudella i carn c'olla: hearty Andorran stew or soup with meatballs, pasta, vegetables and various other meats;
- Arrós amb esquirrol: a kind of paella with squirrel, once traditional in Andorra, but now difficult to find;
- Pa amb tomáquet: bread rubbed with tomato, garlic and olive oil, served with many meals;
- Faves amb pernil ibéric: broad beans fried with Spanish ham;
- Botifarra amb mongetes: a large local type of sausage served with white beans
souvenirs from Andorra
You can visit mals to buy quality watches, electronics, optics brands,gold and silver jewelery, perfumes, cosmetics, designer clothes, the Spanish fans, leather goods, gift swords, lace handmade (Wraps , shawls, scarves), cigars and tobacco; and for the gourmand tasty local cheese, chocolate, sausages or wine.
How are you?: Cómo estás?
Thank you: Gracias
What is your name?: Cuál es su nombre?
How much is it?: Cuánto cuesta?